Monday, January 14, 2013

My First Monday of Unemployment.

Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday and you're not feeling real well, does anyone ever say to you, "Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?"
Lawrence: No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.



Everyone hates Mondays. Garfield the cat was really onto something (also, lasagna is delicious). Today was my first Monday of being unemployed, and I have to tell you, it wasn't that bad. I purposely did not sleep in too much (I fear that is a slippery slope). I got up at a reasonable hour and had breakfast and caught part of the Today Show. Unfortunately, KLG and Hoda were interrupted by the President's press conference. While listening to the horribly crafted questions being thrown out by reporters, I sent some e-mails to some people telling them about my situation while crossing my fingers they might have work for me (side note: it's nearly 4pm, no offers yet). I also combed through my online banking and worked on editing my current budget to resemble more closely what my life was like as a poor graduate student (not too difficult).

My next goal was to clean up my kitchen. Specifically, the sink full of dishes left over from my week-long depressive episode last week. I also gave the refrigerator a much needed cleaning out (why is there nothing but cheese and alcohol in there?). After realizing the depressive state of my food supply, I make a quick trip to the grocery store. Fun fact, there were nothing but old men shopping at the store. New mission in life is to scour No Frills in search of my future sugar daddy shopping for cereal at 2pm on a Monday.

Now I'm working on my literature review for my dissertation while catching up on Golden Globes snark. I feel like I've been more productive than I was most Mondays at my job. On deck for the rest of the week? Cleaning the bathroom and living room. Re-writing my method section. And checking to see if the rest of the old men are at the gym in the afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment